Dies R Us - Mother Day Card

Hey Everyone! So I am here to share my first design team project for Dies R Us. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be a part of the Dies R Us Inspirational Team.
As with all of my posts I go over all of the products and details on how I created my projects in a youtube video which will be below.

Now to get things started!
Since Mother's Day is right around the corner I went with a Mother's Day card for my first post.
The card was relatively quick to make. It did involve a bit of die cutting...
I will quickly go over what I did to the flowers and leaves since it is a question I get asked frequently...

I wanted my flowers to have more depth so as I die cut my flowers and leaves,then I decided to emboss all of the floral elements.  To emboss you simply leave your die cut in the die and use your rubber embossing mat and the designated plate. All machines have a different "sandwich" for embossing so please be sure to check the set up for your specific machine.

Once I completed that step I decided to add additional color to my elements. To add the color I simply just flipped my die over after I embossed each element and used dye ink to color thru the die as shown below.

For additional details please check out the video below where I go over all the details of the card and dies used.





Dies R Us Products Used:








Other Products Used
Inks: Lawn Fawn - Jalapeno and Juice Box
  Cardstock: Wisteria 100# CardstockSolid Spearmint 100# cardstock &Bright Silver Foil Cardstock 90#; Recollections White 110# Cardstock
Embellishments: Glass Flatback Rhinestones in Amethyst - SS8, SS12, SS16,Metal Filigree Corners & Silver Flower stamens





1 comment

  1. Such a gorgeous creation Monica! Love the purple flowers (my favorite color) and your design is awesome! Beautiful inspiration ... so glad you are on the team! Fabulous start!!

    ReplyDelete