Steampunk Altered Letter "S"

Hey Everyone,
So my friend Shelly's B-Day is coming up ( thanksgiving time) so I decided to shower her with gifts this year. Instead of sending one big package I decided to spread it out so she receives a couple of packages starting now still her bday. So her first present I decided to alter a wooden letter, S for her name. She looooooves the steampunk grungy look so I decided to try my hand at steampunk. Be aware I have never done steampunk before so I was a little concerned lol... So with out further delay here is my letter! I've uploaded a couple of pics so you could see all the areas  a bit closer.
So to start off I used several different products. If you want a detailed description of what I did please check out my youtube video listed at the end of this post. I'm just going to give a quick run down here on this post. As always all the main products used will be listed below at the end of the post. I used a bunch of Butter Bee Scraps Artistic Treasures , Wild Orchid Crafts and Shimmerz Paints products. I used alot of metal gears and chipboard gears to add alot of layers of texture to the letter. On the base before adhering all the gears I used the Crafters Workshop Art Is Stencil , the proceeded to randomly adhere the geats in several different areas. there are several layers of gears throughout the entire letter. I painted the letter with black acrylic paint once I gessoed the entire letter. I then painted all the gears with my Viva Decor Inka Gold in 3 different colors to have the variety of metals on the letter. I used my Shimmerz and Blingz to color the WOC flowers that I added to the project. The Magnolia ( the red flower) I used my Shimmerz in Royal Red, for the Tuscany Rose ( the grey flower) I used the Blingz in Hi Ho Silver. On the Wild Rose Buds I use Lindy's Scintilating Silver. To finish the letter off I added 2 different styles of silver chains and some addition bronze charms. Check out the pics :)



Alrighty well this is my completed project. Shelly has already received her letter and she absolutely loved it, she called it Steampunk Romance which I thought was totally cute. ok here is your rundown of the products used as well as the video.



Main Products Used
Liquited White Gesso
Craftsmart Black Acrylic Paint
Matte Modge Podge
Viva Decor Inka Gold - Old Silver, Copper, and Brown Gold
Tim Holtz Sizzix Die - Gears
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Scintillating Silver

Butter Bee Scraps Artistic Treasure Products Used
Steampunk Charm Set
Bronze Keyholes
( Sorry couldnt provide links products are currently sold out)

Wild Orchid Craft Products Used
White Color Long Stem Stamens ( Product # SA-00005) No longer listed :(
Large White Wild Rosebuds

Shimmerz Paints Products Used
Inklingz - No Ones Chrome
Blingz - Hi Ho Silver
Shimmerz - Royal Red

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Please let me know what you think.

Monica aka Scrappin4MyBoys



No comments